Disclaimer


The content on this blog is my personal opinion and does not reflect the views of the Department of Defense or the US Navy in any way.


Monday, August 27, 2018

Remembering John McCain

As most people reading this will probably know by now, Senator John McCain died this past Saturday.

As far as I can tell, just about everyone is finding some things to praise him for and some things to criticize about his legacy. They're not the same things, depending on the ideology of the source in question, but that's hardly unexpected. There is, in fact, quite a lot that can be said about him, both good and bad, and to be honest I have no real desire to rehash all of it here. Both the NYT and the WSJ have a number of interesting pieces about him if anyone reading this is looking for something more detailed. I, personally, will leave it at this:

Even with the flaws he had, I can think of plenty of reasons to respect what he managed to accomplish, and I think the Senate and the US will be worse off now that he's gone.

Fair winds and following seas to him and his family. The rest of us have the watch, and will have to do the best we can.

No comments:

Post a Comment